Pages

Lady Marmalade, I think I love you, even if we are just living on a prayer...

"What's your musical guilty pleasure?"

That's a question I've asked several interviewees (all musicians) lately. My favorite response so far: "I feel no guilt for musical pleasures." Nice. Very nice. Music is entertainment. It's meant to be enjoyed.

I dislike most Top 40 music. I prefer obscure and experimental bands. Or early jazz and blues performers. Basically, anything besides what I hear on the radio every day. However, there are several radio-friendly tunes I adore. The kind you turn up so loud you blow out the speakers in your car. The kind you sing at the top of your lungs while you're cleaning the cat boxes or loading the dishwasher. Here are a few of the songs that I have, until now, refused to admit I often leave on repeat.

1. "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" -- Beastie Boys
2. "Super Freak" -- Rick James
3. "In My House" -- Mary Jane Girls
4. "I Think I Love You" -- The Partridge Family
5. "Lady Marmalade" -- LaBelle
6. "Don't Stop Believin'" -- Journey
7. "Humpty Dance" -- Digital Underground
8. "We're Not Gonna Take It" -- Twisted Sister
9. "Living on a Prayer" -- Bon Jovi
10. "Eye of the Tiger" -- Survivor

So...what's your musical guilty pleasure? Do share, won't you? We promise not to laugh.

Related posts:
Albums I can listen to over and over and over...
My Life According to The Cure
Movies that ALWAYS put me in a good mood

No comments:

Post a Comment